Posey Party Demo was begun during a demo last month for a local art league, finished up in my studio. Lots of watermedia in here. Fun stuff!
After Sargent’s Blue Gentians, watercolor on paper, 9 x 11″. Looking closely at John Singer Sargent’s beautiful painting, Blue Gentians, there much to learn from trying out a master’s techniques.
Join me Sat. & Sun. March 9 & 10 at WAS-H and explore Impressionism! Click HERE –there are 3 places still available.
Lilac Study was painted in preparation for summer classes in Mayville, NY. It is a treat to paint and think of the beautiful purple, blue and white hues during the month of January. In just a few months they will pop in our garden and during class we will paint from life!
Watercolor demonstration from last week’s class, Surprise Yourself with Impressionism: Florals, Interiors, Botanicals at the Watercolor Art Society-Houston. The masters teach us so much!
Schedule includes 4 sessions
- 07 Feb 2017, 1:00 PM 4:00 PM
- 14 Feb 2017, 1:00 PM 4:00 PM
- 21 Feb 2017, 1:00 PM 4:00 PM
- 28 Feb 2017, 1:00 PM 4:00 PM
$150 (WAS-H members)
$190 (WAS-H non-members)
Questions? Call WAS-H: 713 942-9966
- Several small sheets or a tablet of your favorite WC paper approx 9 x 12 or thereabouts
- Favorite watercolors
- A small variety of drawing tools. Pencil, permanent pen(s), a marker or 2 of various sizes
- SketchbookThe following items are optional if you have them around the house:
- An old wood handled watercolor brush
- Small piece of medium grade sandpaper
- small piece of white candle. Birthday candles work.