Watercolor demonstration from last week’s class, Surprise Yourself with Impressionism: Florals, Interiors, Botanicals at the Watercolor Art Society-Houston. The masters teach us so much!
Schedule includes 4 sessions
- 07 Feb 2017, 1:00 PM 4:00 PM
- 14 Feb 2017, 1:00 PM 4:00 PM
- 21 Feb 2017, 1:00 PM 4:00 PM
- 28 Feb 2017, 1:00 PM 4:00 PM
$150 (WAS-H members)
$190 (WAS-H non-members)
Questions? Call WAS-H: 713 942-9966
- Several small sheets or a tablet of your favorite WC paper approx 9 x 12 or thereabouts
- Favorite watercolors
- A small variety of drawing tools. Pencil, permanent pen(s), a marker or 2 of various sizes
- SketchbookThe following items are optional if you have them around the house:
- An old wood handled watercolor brush
- Small piece of medium grade sandpaper
- small piece of white candle. Birthday candles work.
Painting “Nocturne” was an exciting new avenue to explore. This week I prepared canvas panels for my Studio Class students and me to experiment with watercolor. None of us had ever tried this technique but it turned out to be quite satisfactory as a versatile watercolor surface. Most importantly, canvas won’t need to be put under glazing (glass or plexiglass). What a good thing! Here’s my first try; my demo watercolor on canvas:
Stockholm watercolor sketch.
9 x 12″ transparent watercolor with graphite.